Most ClamAV configuration is done simply through dpkg-reconfigure in Debian. Your distribution may differ.
- Checks 60
- Comment out the standard logfile, turn on syslog
- SafeBrowsing yes
- add postfix to groups
- make postfix group owner of the socket as well
- creation mode 660
- exclude 'local'
- I set it to accept infected messages currently, mostly so I could inspect one if it ever got sent and flagged.
- Disable logfile, use syslog
- Log full info on detecting infected files
- Set the maximum size suitably large - 512 mb or so (postfix will handle size limits)
- Enable multiple recipient support.
- Socket creation mode: 660
- 512mb stream limit (whatever you set the max file size to above)
- Use system logger, disable logfile